Holi 2021 Skin Care: No doubt playing Holi is a lot of fun, but the fun ends when the time comes to getting rid of colors. We all wished there was some kind of cream or soap that will take off the colors in one go. Unfortunately, we cannot provide you with such magical soap or cream, but we can surely give the next best thing- tips and tricks which will help you enjoy Holi without worrying about the harmful effects of stubborn colors on your skin.
Here are some tips and tricks to help your skin prepare for Holi 2021
- When removing colors- Dry or wet, do not use hot water to remove them at all. This will only make the colors more firm. It is advisable to use cold water instead of warm or hot water to remove color.
- Use a mixer of honey, papaya, and Fuller’s earth(Multani Mitti) and apply it on the face, hands, and feet to remove the colors while at the same time nourishing your skin.
- To get rid of Holi colors, mix equal quantities of honey and lemon juice and apply it well on the face. Wash with room temperature water after 15-20 minutes.
- Before your bath, prepare a mixture of flour, olive oil, and lemon juice and apply it to your entire body in a circular motion with light hands. After the mixture dries a bit, take your shower.
- You can also use a natural homemade scrub prepared from gram flour, curd, turmeric, lemon, and olive oil. It will help you remove the stubborn colors at the same time being beneficial for your skin.
- Do not use shampoo immediately for removing colors from your hair. Instead, apply one egg on your hair at least 30 minutes before shampooing. If you want to use egg, a mixture of fenugreek powder and curd can also be used. Apart from this, mustard oil is also very beneficial for hair before washing your hair with shampoo.
- Those with sensitive and acne-prone skin require special care after removing the color. It is generally suggested for them to massage the face with a good antiseptic cream. This will provide relief from irritation and rashes.
- Coconut oil, olive oil, or mustard oil are great moisturizers for applying to the body and face before going out to play Holi. The oil massage will prevent the colors from penetrating deep into the skin and will also provide relief from itching, burning sensation, and rashes.